Monday, January 5, 2009

Life in the Middle of Nowhere!


I live in a place that not a lot of people have heard of, and most will never visit. I always dream of going somewhere new, but right now those dreams seem a little far fetched. I have five brothers and sisters and we are trying to adopt another one. It gets a little crazy sometimes, but I don't think I would want it any other way. We don't have a lot of money so it's definitely hard sometimes, but we get through it. Our pipes freeze on a regular basis, and our furnace breaks every other day, but that's OK, at least I have the people around me that I do.
The most amazing thing that has ever happened to me is my trip to Europe last year. I loved seeing different places and meeting new people. It was definitely a change from my small town life in Maine. I mean the biggest thing in our town is a movie theater! I think this is when I got the motivation to become a journalist. I want to be able to talk about issues that are present in the world, and witness them at the same time. I guess I kind of hope that maybe I will be able to help people around the world too.
Needless to say I decided to try my hand at blogging with the hopes to broaden my horizons. Blogging is A LOT cheaper than a plane ticket!!! So if you have read a great book let me know, I'd love to read it! If you have seen a kangaroo describe it! If you have ever seen an amazing sun set or visited a village in Africa tell me all about it! I'll try to do the same for you.

1 comment: